We've been around this block before. Let us show you the way.
While there are thousands of agents and dozens of local brokerages, we want you to learn why we are your best choice for selling your Lincolnshire or North Suburban home. When you list your home with us we'll get the job done, get it done well, and get it done quickly! Here's how:
We price it right so the market responds
Our local expertise lets us value properties right the first time. Get the best price in the shortest time.
We market your home aggressively
The bigger the audience, the better the sales! @properties holds more market share than any other brokerage in the city. And we're the fastest growing firm on the North Shore. This means we can spread the word about your property better than anyone else.
We keep innovating to sell faster, smarter, better
@properties isn't fooling around. We've spent millions to connect buyers and sellers more efficiently and effectively. We're constantly advancing our methods and technology to target the perfect buyer for your home.
With tens of thousand of Chicago-area homes displayed on dozens of web sites, it's easy to get lost in the crowd. That's why @properties invests hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to enhance listings on the leading real estate web portals.
View Our Sellers Book
We help you prepare your home through the eyes of a buyer.
The effort put into repairing and cleaning your property is likely to be returned in a fast sale at an attractive price.
- As buyers approach your property the first time, impressions are formed quickly.
- Paint house - this can do more for sales appeal than any other factor.
- Yard - Remove all toys, garbage, garden tools and other items from view.
- Mow lawn and keep edged.Close garage doors.
- Put colorful flowers in front of house.
Often, while waiting to be let in, the first thing a buyer looks at closely is the front door.
- Put new paint on the front door.
- Buy a new door mat.
- Buyers take a close look at the basement of a home. They will look for bad wiring, leaky pipes and signs of decay.
- Clean out basement and dispose of everything you are not going to move.
- Ensure that there is plenty of lighting.
- Sweep or vacuum floor.
- Stack items neatly against walls.
The kitchen is often the most important room in the house. Make it bright and attractive.
- Put a vase of fresh flowers on the table.
- Replace curtains or clean existing ones.
- Remove appliances from counters.
- Create a pleasant fragrance in the kitchen (i.e. vanilla, cinnamon).
It is important that bathrooms are clean, bright and smell fresh.
- Install a new shower curtain and replace worn throw rugs.
- Polish all fixtures.
- Open windows.
- Hang bright, fresh towels.
- Remove stains from toilets and bathtubs.
- Use air freshener.
- Display colorful soaps.
The living room
- Clean out the fireplace and place logs in it.
- Polish all woodwork.
- Put big furniture in storage so rooms are not cluttered or crowded.
What to do BEFORE your house is shown:
- Tag or remove items not included in sale (i.e. water conditioner, chandeliers, plants, drapes).
- Open shades and curtains to let in light.
- Turn on enough lights so home is well-lit during showing.
- At night, turn on porch light and outdoor lighting.
- Tidy all the rooms. Neatness makes a room easier to view.
- Clean dirty dishes in the sink and put away any dishes on counter.
- Keep toys in the children's rooms.
- Put away items in the yard such as bicycles, gardening tools and skateboards.
- If fall or winter, light a fire in the fireplace.
What to do WHILE your house is being shown:
- When possible, leave while the property is shown. If not, remain in an area not being shown by the sales associate.
- Let the real estate expert show your house. Answer questions candidly when asked, but avoid questioning potential buyers.
- Refer inquiries about seeing your house to your Realtor to take advantage of the agent's professional skills in selling your home.
- Don't mention items you wish to dispose of unless asked.
- It is best to be away when your agent is holding an open house.
- Keep pets outdoors or in one area.
- Keep children quiet and in one area.
- Keep radio, stereo or TV on low volume.
- Keep money and other valuable items out of sight.