Real estate is one of the most exciting investments you can make, and it should be a fun and rewarding experience. My name is Joan Burny, and I am your one-stop source for real estate services throughout the Northwest Suburbs of Illinois!
Strategically marketing and showcasing your home is a critical part of the sales process.
I take advantage of a sophisticated and highly integrated online advertising strategy that puts your home on the most heavily used real estate search destinations as well as our own feature-rich website, agent websites and Single Property Sites. This strategy is designed to give you maximum exposure for your house, townhome, or condo, to qualified home buyers who are most likely to purchase a home in the near future.
See My Listings
The effort put into repairing and cleaning your property is likely to be returned in a fast sale at an attractive price.
- As buyers approach your property the first time, impressions are formed quickly.
- Paint house - this can do more for sales appeal than any other factor.
- Yard - Remove all toys, garbage, garden tools and other items from view.
- Mow lawn and keep edged.Close garage doors.
- Put colorful flowers in front of house.
Often, while waiting to be let in, the first thing a buyer looks at closely is the front door.
- Put new paint on the front door.
- Buy a new door mat.
- Buyers take a close look at the basement of a home. They will look for bad wiring, leaky pipes and signs of decay.
- Clean out basement and dispose of everything you are not going to move.
- Ensure that there is plenty of lighting.
- Sweep or vacuum floor.
- Stack items neatly against walls.
The kitchen is often the most important room in the house. Make it bright and attractive.
- Put a vase of fresh flowers on the table.
- Replace curtains or clean existing ones.
- Remove appliances from counters.
- Create a pleasant fragrance in the kitchen (i.e. vanilla, cinnamon).
It is important that bathrooms are clean, bright and smell fresh.
- Install a new shower curtain and replace worn throw rugs.
- Polish all fixtures.
- Open windows.
- Hang bright, fresh towels.
- Remove stains from toilets and bathtubs.
- Use air freshener.
- Display colorful soaps.
The living room
- Clean out the fireplace and place logs in it.
- Polish all woodwork.
- Put big furniture in storage so rooms are not cluttered or crowded.
What to do BEFORE your house is shown:
- Tag or remove items not included in sale (i.e. water conditioner, chandeliers, plants, drapes).
- Open shades and curtains to let in light.
- Turn on enough lights so home is well-lit during showing.
- At night, turn on porch light and outdoor lighting.
- Tidy all the rooms. Neatness makes a room easier to view.
- Clean dirty dishes in the sink and put away any dishes on counter.
- Keep toys in the children's rooms.
- Put away items in the yard such as bicycles, gardening tools and skateboards.
- If fall or winter, light a fire in the fireplace.
Marketing your home, the @properties way.
Chicagoland's most visible real estate advertising is designed to drive buyer traffic to your home via widespread coverage in a variety of local media outlets. We can spread the word about your property better than anyone else.
More About Selling
What to do WHILE your house is being shown:
- When possible, leave while the property is shown. If not, remain in an area not being shown by the sales associate.
- Let the real estate expert show your house. Answer questions candidly when asked, but avoid questioning potential buyers.
- Refer inquiries about seeing your house to your Realtor to take advantage of the agent's professional skills in selling your home.
- Don't mention items you wish to dispose of unless asked.
- It is best to be away when your agent is holding an open house.
- Keep pets outdoors or in one area.
- Keep children quiet and in one area.
- Keep radio, stereo or TV on low volume.
- Keep money and other valuable items out of sight.
Choose @properties when only the highest standards will do.
Luxury never goes out of style, and no real estate company knows this better than @properties. As the #1 luxury brokerage firm in Chicago & North Shore marketplace, and an exclusive Luxury Portfolio affiliate, we connect you with affluent homebuyers all over the world.